Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Random bikings in Jersey City

So last weekend I was jonesing for something new-ish to do with myself. The last couple of weeks before, I had been bouncing the idea of owning a bike around in my head; the last time I owned a bike, I was about 12 or 13... the paleolithic era of my life, when everything was simple and good, and people didn't just up and die on you; they were eaten. Good old days :).

So anyway, my jonesing led me to accompany 2 friends, who were apparently experiencing the same 1/3-life crisis I was, to Target to admire, and possibly throw some money down on some bikes. We spent about an hour pulling bikes off the racks, riding up and down the isles, possibly pissing off the Target staff, and getting the whole of Jersey City suddenly interested in bicycles (Target should have paid us that day for the bikes we probably sold to all those biters). At some point, we came to the conclusion that Road Bikes were too expensive, Hybrids were even more expensive (but there was this really sweet one I wanted, The Schwinn OR2! *Sigh*.), and Mountain bikes were awesome. So we got 3 26" Schwinn Rangers for $179.00 a pop. Tangent Alert: F#*@ing Target ripped us off! The next day I looked at their web site (don't know why) and realized that they were selling them for $154.00 on there!!! I was am pissed! But I'm also too lazy to go argue with them, so they can keep the damn $25 they STOLE! Tangent Over. We rode the bikes out of there, looking like two punkish cowboys and a punkish cowgirl, into the sunset... it was about 1pm.

My butt still hurts from all the riding that ensued that day. And my shoes are still wet from getting our a$$e$ kicked by the rain later that evening as we tried to escape from Hoboken. But it was all good times. I plan on posting a blog from now on, the day before we go out riding in Jersey City (or wherever else we can). If you think you'd be interested in riding around with a few random people, subscribe below, and you'll know where we'll be!


Thanks for reading, and please don't forget to subscribe if you enjoyed this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment