Thursday, March 10, 2011

While reading ghanaweb...

... I came across this article that claimed in it's title that one Dr. Nana Obiri Yeboah (a sociologist) had fired Michael Essien's father. "Oh" I though, "Michael Essien's dad [James Essien they say his name is] works with sociologists? Is he a sociologist himself? What, by the way do sociologists do in Ghana?" I quickly set upon the article and read it top to bottom.

27 paragraphs later (because I read all 11 paragraphs twice, then read the first 5 over again to make sure I wasn't missing anything), I still haven't figured out what "Senior" Essien does (nor sociologists in Ghana for that matter), when or why he was fired by Dr. Nana Obiri Yeboah, or why the editor of Ghanaweb allowed an article like this to be published.

I guess Ghanaweb is probably not the place to go for well reported nonfa-free news (lol), though for some reason I keep returning to it.One of these days I'm going to post links to alternative sites that provide decent news without the... well, nonfa.

Oh, and for you grammar Nazi's out there, you'll go slightly nuts over the article below.

Article Link

I put up this picture just in case the story disappeared

**UPDATE**

When I first read this story, I felt the "news" being reported was so unworthy of being called news that I neglected to offer my opinions on the issue. I still feel that way. I think the real (and only) story here is the discrepancy between the title of the article, and its contents. However, since I know some people might wonder what I think about all this (yes, i'm that important!), let me just offer my two cents..... LOL, I can't do this! This issue is just too ridiculous!

3 comments:

  1. Yea i saw that article as well...the father sounds like an idiot. apparently he didn't take care of his son, and now that he's a world famous millionaire athlete, he's complaining that his son is not taking care of him. he deserves several slaps at a minimum. and his claim about the name is such bullshit. if it weren't for the footballer, no one would give a fuck about that name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, the idea that he thinks he owns the surname is ridiculous. The fact that this thing has made it into news is ridiculous. And the fact that it apparently is so much of a complicated issue that they needed a sociologist in the mix... well, that I don't know what to say. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea i had to do a double take when i read about the sociologist...looks like a spicy PR soup being passed around for them all to drink!

    ReplyDelete