Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Allow people to subscribe to your blog (On blogger.com)! Pt. 2

In my last post, I explained how to place an RSS link on your blogger.com blog... that sounds silly. In this post, I'm going to explain how to place an e-mail subscription form on your blog-- my personal favorite way of subscribing to blogs because I actually read the blogs posts I receive in my e-mail.

PLACING AN E-MAIL SUBSCRIPTION FORM
If you don't already have a feedburner account, please follow this link to set one up. THEN follow this link to my last blog post, and go through the Prep-work steps. Once you're done with the prep-work, it's pretty simple to get the e-mail subscription form.

On the feedburner landing page (see below), click on the title of the feed of the blog you want to create an e-mail subscription form for.
Click on the publicize tab at the top of the page (step 1), click on the email subscriptions link on the left side of the page (step 2), and finally, copy the HTML code that pops up about mid page (step 3).

Now make your way over to your blog and go to the "Design" view. Click on "Add a Gadget", and add a HTML/JavaScript gadget. Paste (CTRL+V) the HTML code you copied from feedburner into this gadget window. Don't forget to give it a subject-- if you want. Save the gadget, and you're done! Now hit "View Blog" at the top of your page, and admire your work.

And remember that there's no law that says you can't use more than one e-mail subscription box on your blog!

Thanks for reading. Please subscribe if this was helpful to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment